Congress needs to pass a bipartisan Dream Act without militarizing the border!
The Real Dream is about protecting everybody
For many young immigrants, especially those who live in the southern border region, the Real Dream is not just about protecting themselves, but about protecting their parents and loved ones by passing humane immigration policies. However, backroom deals that protect young immigrants at the expense of their parents and loved ones go against the Real Dream and must be stopped.
That’s why we are asking Congress to pass a bipartisan Dream Act without militarizing the border.
Did You Know?
Dreamers live in the U.S. southern border region
of Dreamers reside in the four southern border states (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas)
More border enforcement would expose Border Dreamers’ parents and family members to Trump's deportation force. Call Congress Now!
Why further militarizing the border in exchange for a Dream Act is a bad idea
Border Patrol has a long history of abusing people on the move and border residents who live in communities far removed from the border. President Trump’s campaign to unleash a deportation force of Border Patrol and ICE agents has already left devastating scars in border communities. Under Trump, Border agents have:
- Arrested parents while their infant await serious operation
- Detained Border Dreamer Jesus Vasquez after Texas state police pulled him over for tinted windows in El Paso, TX
- Swiftly and unjustly deported Border Dreamer Juan Manuel Montes in Calexico, CA.
- Subjected Border Dreamers to hours of intimidation at a south Texas checkpoint located far into the interior; and were recently reported singling out day laborers in communities near New Orleans.
- Retaliated against an outspoken Border Dreamer in Los Angeles