From Chula Vista to Carlsbad – and tacos to barbecue – eight local eateries have landed on a newly-released list of Yelp’s top places to eat in the United States.
Amid a plethora of delicious dining destinations across the country, Yelp has named the following San Diego-based businesses among the “Top 100 Places to Eat in the U.S. in 2016” – at least based on rave reviews from Yelp users:
• (No. 17) Tacos El Gordo (689 H Street, Chula Vista)
• (No. 30) T Deli (1469 University Ave., San Diego)
• (No. 31) Oscar’s Mexican Seafood (various locations in San Diego, including 703 Turquoise St.)
• (No. 42) Sushi Ota (4529 Mission Bay Dr., San Diego)
• (No. 47) Coop’s West Texas Barbeque (2625 Lemon Grove Ave., Lemon Grove)
• (No. 50) Beach Break Café (1802 S. Coast Highway, Oceanside)
• (No. 68) Phil’s BBQ (various locations across San Diego, including 3750 Sports Arena Blvd.)
• (No. 71) Yoshino Japanese Deli(2913 State St., Carlsbad)
These local gems serve everything from traditional Mexican fare and barbecue to sandwiches and sushi. They landed on the list from a pool of thousands of restaurants across the country.